We envision a community of followers of Christ who love God completely, love their neighbors compassionately, and intentionally make world visionary, world impacting learners, followers, and reproducers of Christ among all cultures in the Memphis area and throughout the world (Mk 12:29-31; Mt 28:18-20; 2 Tim 2:2).
Our core values in pursuing this path of multicultural discipleship are:
- The Authority of Scripture — the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God, the source of spiritual and moral authority, necessary and sufficient for equipping and training (discipling) God's people to live holy lives pleasing to Him (2 Tim 3:14-17).
- Prayer — individual and corporate, engaging in intimacy with God and submitting ourselves to His leading and power (Phil 4:6; Ps 55:22; Mt. 7:7-8; Lk 18:1; Eph 6:18; Col 4:2; 1 Thess 5:17-18; 1 Pe 4:7; Jude 1:20-21).
- Worship — individual and corporate, celebrating our sovereign, holy God with head (knowledge of the Word), heart (submission to God), and hands (practical application in daily life) (John 4:23-24; Psalm 100).
- Authentic Community — a place where all know the joy of belonging, the delight of being known and loved, and the opportunity for giving and growing in Christ within the structure (the Church) which He specifically created for us (Jn 13:34-35; Ro 15:5-6; 1 Thes 2:8; 2 Cor 9:6-7; Eph 5:15-16, 1 Tim 6:17-19).
- Spiritual Reproduction — intentionally making disciples who make disciples, raising up leaders, and ennabling new churches (Ps 96:3, Mt 28:19; Jn 17:23; Acts 11; Eph 3:6; Rev 7:9-10).
- Intentionally Multicultural Ministry — making disciples among all ethnicities — intentionally reaching peoples of all racial, educational, socio-economic, linguistic, and disability identities — and reflecting that diversity in leadership and church ministries (Ps 96:3, Mt 28:19; Jn 17:23; Acts 11; Eph 3:6; Rev 7:9-10).